Support area vendor and artisans, while seeing old friends and meeting new ones, while you shop the Farmers Market on the Common in Walpole Center (look for the Bandstand and tents!). The Market is open from 1:30-6pm. Today, we have elementary school students from two local schools offering produce for sale that they grew at their school gardens, with the assistance of students from the Norfolk County Agricultural High School.
See you this afternoon!
Shop with us beginning at 1:30pm this Friday, July 11th on the Town Common in Walpole Center. Just look for the bandstand and tents!
Come see us, find out who and what is new at the Market!
Wishing you a happy and safe 4th of July! With the holiday falling on a Friday, there will be no Farmers Market this week on the Town Common. But join us next Friday, July 11th, when we return outdoors. Come see us next week!
Did you know…
- A good diet includes at least five fruits and vegetables every day.
- Fruits and vegetables are good sources of Vitamin A, Beta-carotene, Vitamin C and fiber.
- Eating fruits and vegetables are naturally low in fat, sodium and cholesterol.
- Eating fruits and vegetables may reduce your risk for cancer.
- Fiber is found in the skin and seeds of fruits and vegetables. A good diet includes fiber.
A few tips for shopping at the Market…
- Bring cash and your own bags, if possible. Some vendors are set up to accept credit cards but not all.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather – we are open rain or shine!
- Stop by the Market booth to see what’s in season and pick up some recipes.
- Take your time browsing, ask questions, and experiment.
Due to a flash flood watch in effect and heavy rains becoming prolific as the day goes on, along with the potential for isolated thunderstorms expected for the afternoon, the Market’s opening had to be postponed until next Friday, June 20th. For the safety of our vendors and customers, we were left with little choice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please join us next week.
-Walpole Farmers Market Committee
Support local producers and the Market by shopping with us this Sunday, from 10am – 2pm, at the VFW located on Robbins Road in Walpole, for fresh produce, baked goods, arts and crafts and more. Come on down and get your local fix!